Yet Another Alden Alternative

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from udialup108.mpls.uswest.net on June 04, 2001 at 15:23:57:

Before I got my Aldens I purchased the Rockport "Storm Chasers" from Cabela's, in an attempt to replicate the Indy look. These boots, although a few shades darker than Indy's, really captured the overall style and shape that I had seen "distressed" Aldens display on IndyGear. On top of being half the cost of Aldens(at the time), these boots are supposedly 100% Waterproof, although I've yet to fully test this feature, rains stays out.

The only thing that bugged me about these boots was the leather "pulls" located in the upper back area. I guess these are supposed to help you pull the boots on, but I never used them and the only thing they accomplished was catching my pants leg. So I chopped 'em off and now my pants drape fine around the ankles.

Anyway, I was at the Cabela's website and I noticed these boots are now on sale. I paid $109.95, but now you can get 'em for only $79.95. I reckon that's a pretty good deal for an Indyeque waterproof boot that distresses quite nicely. The scuffs show a lighter leather color underneath, much like Indy's Aldens do in 'The Temple of Doom'.

Just thought I'd pass the info on to someone who's not ready to dump $245.00 on a pair of Aldens.

Austin Powers

P.S. I had NO sizing problems with these boots, whereas my Aldens were another story. I usually wear 10.5 in boots and up to 11 in tennis shoes. I ordered 10.5 Rockports and they fit perfectly. Mine are Medium width, but Wide is available.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]