LOL - my philosophy on being a "jacket expert"...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from spider-wl034.proxy.aol.com on June 04, 2001 at 21:51:53:

In Reply to: Why'd ya buy it? (nm) posted by Austin Powers on June 04, 2001 at 21:02:24:

Call it curiosity. I once dropped $450 on a US Authentic jacket just to get a look, then turned around and sold it for $250 because it was not something I would care to keep. I figure that I need to hold the items in my hands to be an actual "jacket expert" and if that's the cost and I'm having fun - well, it's cheaper than golf, right? Bottom line: if I give advice and somebody dropps hard earned money on an item, then I feel some responsibility to kinda know what I'm talking about. Does this make sense? Now I can say I've seen the SW Insider jacket, and then give my educated opinion of what it is really like.

On this specific jacket? Well, I swapped another jacket for it - an old Disney Indy jacket. I've been curious about the Star Wars Insider jacket for awhile and saw the opportunity to get a look at one. I never wore the Disney jacket anymore, and figured I could get more on eBay for the SW Insider jacket than the Disney down the road, after I had gotten a few pics and really examined the thing.

Hope this helps - cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: