It is amazing how many actors and musicians of the time were patriots.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on June 05, 2001 at 16:39:51:

In Reply to: yes, and no... posted by Michaelson on June 05, 2001 at 16:28:36:

Many were over the age of the draft and enlisted anyway. It is my opinion that the Indiana Jones character probably would have enlisted. Regards

xxxxxxxxxx

: If memory serves me right, he could have opted out of active duty due to his age (early to mid 40's) and if he had children, but he could have waived this right and signed up for active duty. Clark Gable did, and he was about that age when the war began. Regards. Michaelson

: : He would have been used by the OSS (Office for Stategic Services/ later became the CIA) for special assignments where his expertise would have been of importance. He would have been too old for anything else, right? ;)
: : As for PH, haven't I seen everything in this movie somewhere else before?
: : The attack and fight sequences were outstanding.
: : FG

: :
: : : I saw 'Pearl Harbor' last Friday and when I checked the forum the following Tuesday I was surprised to find NO posts about the movie. After 'The Mummy Returns' came out this place was jam-packed with good and bad reviews, and I assumed 'Pearl Harbor' would've warranted a similar interest. I mean it's set very close to Indy's time period, there's plenty of action, and the main characters run around in bomber jackets for a portion of the film.

: : : Was there a burst of 'Pearl Harbor' comments that I just missed? I'm kinda curious as to what fellow Indy fans thought of this movie.

: : : Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]