I think so

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on June 05, 2001 at 16:58:13:

In Reply to: Yes, but... posted by Fall Guy on June 05, 2001 at 16:47:50:

As much as he professed hatred for the Nazi's, and with the sweeping patriotism that went through this country after Pearl Harbor, I think he'd have been in the thick of it myself. Regards. Michaelson

: I'm sure you're right.
: However, would Indy have volunteered? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who takes orders (Especially if it has to do with "military intelligence"). If anything he would have put himself into a position where he would feel more at home. Maybe he would have participated in a mission preventing Himmler's men from finding the grail in Spain, Peru, Iceland, or Iran? ;) Not that they ever did (As far as we know).
: FG

:
: : If memory serves me right, he could have opted out of active duty due to his age (early to mid 40's) and if he had children, but he could have waived this right and signed up for active duty. Clark Gable did, and he was about that age when the war began. Regards. Michaelson

: : : He would have been used by the OSS (Office for Stategic Services/ later became the CIA) for special assignments where his expertise would have been of importance. He would have been too old for anything else, right? ;)
: : : As for PH, haven't I seen everything in this movie somewhere else before?
: : : The attack and fight sequences were outstanding.
: : : FG

: : :
: : : : I saw 'Pearl Harbor' last Friday and when I checked the forum the following Tuesday I was surprised to find NO posts about the movie. After 'The Mummy Returns' came out this place was jam-packed with good and bad reviews, and I assumed 'Pearl Harbor' would've warranted a similar interest. I mean it's set very close to Indy's time period, there's plenty of action, and the main characters run around in bomber jackets for a portion of the film.

: : : : Was there a burst of 'Pearl Harbor' comments that I just missed? I'm kinda curious as to what fellow Indy fans thought of this movie.

: : : : Austin Powers
: :
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: