John "Jones" Stork, call home......

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on November 02, 1998 at 09:25:16:

In Reply to: Re: David Morgan Whip Arrived - hehe:-) posted by John Jones Stork on November 02, 1998 at 08:15:03:

: : It took two months but I finally took receipt of a beautifully constructed David Morgan bullwhip last week. Taking some suggestions from previous "whip crackers", I dressed it with Pecard's and waited a few days before trying out some preliminary test shots with it.

: : I have to be honest here, the smart thing would have been to order the book/video and bone up on some basic info first but I was too curious to wait. I made sure to wear some eye protection and began working on some moves. After about 15 minutes, I got a little cocky and started putting some speed into it. Finally, the whip made a beautiful imitation of a cruise missile gone bad and lashed me across the top of my right shoulder. I wisely called it an evening at that point.

: : The whip is an amazingly powerful object, a fact impressed upon me when I observed this long red streak across my shoulder while in the shower the next morning. Take heed all you novices and would-be whip crackers, this ain't no toy. Go ahead and get the video while you're ordering that "angry snake". -MP

: It`s hurt isn`t?
: I remember my first good whip I made (if I can call my whips "good" knowing that there is a David Morgan on this world), and all my wounds I cause when I`ve been learning how to use it.My only teacher was Indy in all three movies. It`s a hard and long school, but it`s give a lot of satisfaction. I wish to have David`s whip but it`s too expensive.:(
: That`s why I`ve learned how to made whips and soon i will try to make a copy of great no.456 12ft. David Morgan bullwhip. If it sucseed in 20 procents it will be best whip I made in my life... We will see.

: I wish you luck...
: and be carefull.

: John "Jones" Stork

John, could you email me off forum. I have tried to contact you by email from this page, and my server won't talk to yours from here. Thanks. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]