Re: 'Pearl Harbor'?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zippy from sa-63-249-67-131.cruzio.com on June 05, 2001 at 19:03:55:

In Reply to: 'Pearl Harbor'? posted by Austin Powers on June 05, 2001 at 16:07:21:

Pearl Harbor was OK. I think the attack scene was worth the price of admission. The love story was boring and the movie was LONG though... kinda like Titanic. For historical accuracy, watch Tora, Tora, Tora. TTT's attack scene still leaves me in awe. No CGI back in 1970... they used real aircraft, some 3 or 4 dozen replica Kates, Vals and Zeros for this film. A VERY good movie that still holds up after 30+ years.

Regards,
Zippy

: I saw 'Pearl Harbor' last Friday and when I checked the forum the following Tuesday I was surprised to find NO posts about the movie. After 'The Mummy Returns' came out this place was jam-packed with good and bad reviews, and I assumed 'Pearl Harbor' would've warranted a similar interest. I mean it's set very close to Indy's time period, there's plenty of action, and the main characters run around in bomber jackets for a portion of the film.

: Was there a burst of 'Pearl Harbor' comments that I just missed? I'm kinda curious as to what fellow Indy fans thought of this movie.

: Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]