Makes you wonder...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Banzai from host-208.jud.ca.gov on June 06, 2001 at 15:59:54:

In Reply to: Interesting Review... posted by Georgiana Jones on June 06, 2001 at 15:13:10:

... what this reviewer must have thought of something like 'Star Wars', where you're thrown right in the middle of the thick of things...

My recollection of seeing this film 'right of the bat':

I waited a couple of weeks after it opened to see it; I was in no rush at the time, I just knew I was gonna go see it because it had the guy that played Han Solo, who, one summer earlier, had been frozen in carbonite, and I'd have to wait a couple of years to see Solo again....

Anyways, I really didn't know what to expect; I had seen clips on TV (actually, the same clip over and over: sandbag-idol exchange, and the 'throw me the idol, I throw you the whip' scene. I had thought that that was near the end of the film!

My friend and I sat there waiting for the film to start, with him muttering 'this better be as good as Empire'. To make a long story short, we were both hooked on this film from the moment the boulder appeared. We walked out of that theatre awestruck.

And we both agreed: it was MUCH better than Empire!

I think I ended up seeing it 5 more times that summer, dragging friends and family to see this film.

I wish there was a 20th Anniversary re-release, but now I'm hoping for a 25th anniversary re-release, so my niece and nephew will be old enough to appreicate it when I bring them to a theatre to see it!

With a smile on my face, regards.

Take care, all.

: "The problem with this film is that too many of its premises are never explained"

: I find it funny that they used that AGAINST the film in the review... That leaves room for sequels, prequels, and even a crappy TV series! Not only that, it gives the character...character! He's not just a dashing guy who was dropped in the desert to fight nazis. He is there for a reason, there is a reason he is in his line of work, he has friends, enemies, a love interest that acually GOES BACK in the characters life! I would have LOVED to see this movie right off the bat in the theater...

: Georgiana!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]