Re: Really? (Long emotional post, sorry)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rabittooth from spider-mtc-te062.proxy.aol.com on June 07, 2001 at 00:30:41:

In Reply to: Really? (Long emotional post, sorry) posted by Sean on June 06, 2001 at 19:22:47:

I really don't want to seem argumentative, and it seems stupid to nitpick, I agree, however I just wanna make a few more points on this subject.
I agree that we have to keep in mind that this collecting of Indygear is a supposed to be fun and pleasurable, and it's for that reason that we do it...but I also think it's the reason that suppliers do it. Apart from the fact that it's a business, and those things that sell are the things that a good business wants to produce, and as Indy fans, we will buy multiple items as they come out and improve, and this is an important goal of those creating these items to sell. But also I believe that the suppliers create these thing out of the same love of the character and the film that we have..a double incentive. I think everyone here can appreciate that feeling you get when a particular item looks and feels more authentic, or "Indyish". I get such a kick out of it when an item looks and handles just like the one in the movie. And all the little details make such a difference in the overall gear ( we've all had crapier versions of the hat, whip, holster, jacket etc as we grew up).
As for the shirt...I'm sure you folks are right in that the actual shirt may have been lavander in color for all I know and just appeared light grey in the film due to lighting or anything else. But, since I won't be appearing in any Lucasfilm productions in my gear (Damn!!) I really would like to see the shirt made in that stone grey like I see it on the screen. I think it would make a big difference. And the suppliers would make money, have fun producing it, and make people happy. And Lord knows myself and others would buy them, have fun wearing 'em,and be happy.
Bottom line is..I hope that a stone color, light material, accurately designed shirt comes out...whether Lee does it, or Noel, or anyone. I'm getting Noel's pants soon, cause I hear they are really great.
Geez, I've really beat this to death, and I'm sorry guys.
I'm going to bed...
G'night all,
-R

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: