And yet ANOTHER suggestion...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on June 07, 2001 at 14:43:55:

In Reply to: Attention All Indyfans: Especially those buying Indygear posted by A Pissed off Consumer on June 06, 2001 at 10:41:48:

If you're not in a huge hurry, start brousing the internet for militaria collectors pages. I got my first MkVII from posting at a forum of militaria collector group, and purchased it from an individual in New York State for around $15. It was in unissued condition, and it's still in my collection. There are a lot of these bags that can be found this way, and without getting skinned by the sellers who know we're wanting these for a specific reason. These bags are just a side item to the military folks, and they don't put a premium price on them. By the way, I'm not pointing a finger at any particular vendor, but I did hear from one of our group recently that had been offered one of the MkVII bags with strap for $200 (you read that right), and wanted to know if I thought that was to high a price to pay! I believe in making a decent profit, but give me a break!!! Needless to say, I strongly advised against the sale. Anyway, try that avenue. It worked for me, and there are a LOT a REALLY nice folks in that hobby too. Regards. Michaelson

: Hey all!

: I have currently been in the process of purchasing an MkVI respirator bag (I know this isn't the official Indy one, but they are harder to find and this one has more pockets). Anyhow, I went to What Price Glory and emailed them with a few questions. In the course of three separate email replys I received, Jerry from What Price Glory not only proceeded to label "the IJ crowd" as "very picky" and hard to please, he was also extremely rude to a simple question about the condition of a bag (I asked if he had any scanned pictures to view). Instead of simply answering no, he said he didn't have time for that kind of crap and that's why he doesn't like to advertise he has those bags. I don't know about you guys, but I think this is very immature behavior for someone conducting a business. I couldn't believe how childish a response he gave and how rude he was when I was consistently polite in each email. Just thought you should all know this before you may conduct business with this jerk.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]