Re: David Morgan Whip Arrived

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Borton from piweba5y-ext.prodigy.com on November 02, 1998 at 15:27:19:

In Reply to: David Morgan Whip Arrived posted by Major Paul on November 02, 1998 at 02:25:03:

: It took two months but I finally took receipt of a beautifully constructed David Morgan bullwhip last week. Taking some suggestions from previous "whip crackers", I dressed it with Pecard's and waited a few days before trying out some preliminary test shots with it.

: I have to be honest here, the smart thing would have been to order the book/video and bone up on some basic info first but I was too curious to wait. I made sure to wear some eye protection and began working on some moves. After about 15 minutes, I got a little cocky and started putting some speed into it. Finally, the whip made a beautiful imitation of a cruise missile gone bad and lashed me across the top of my right shoulder. I wisely called it an evening at that point.

: The whip is an amazingly powerful object, a fact impressed upon me when I observed this long red streak across my shoulder while in the shower the next morning. Take heed all you novices and would-be whip crackers, this ain't no toy. Go ahead and get the video while you're ordering that "angry snake". -MP

Major Paul, Congratulations on your new bullwhip. They are quite an impressive piece of work, aren't they. Your right about the videos, they are very beneficial and are worth checking out. By the way if you haven't already, make sure you visit the Bullwhip FAQ, It has some very good general information and some quick time videos you might find helpful. Its located at http://www.juggling.org/help/circus-arts/bullwhip.html
In the mean time keep practicing and if you have any questions let us know.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]