Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jonathan Jones from spider-tm024.proxy.aol.com on November 02, 1998 at 16:18:01:

In Reply to: Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark posted by ~The Raider~ on November 01, 1998 at 10:01:18:

:
: : Okay, I have no idea what's going on this forum concerning Jeff and Michaelson, but I do know that both of these guys are very good writers who post intelligent and interesting. . .posts. Post (verb) posts (noun). That just doesn't sound right to me. ;) Anyway, yeah. . .I just got done watching Raiders of the Lost Ark on Halloween night on like TNT or something. I have no idea why they would play that on Halloween night, but I didn't care. I adore that movie.

: : Now, I know that I'm an Indiana Jones freak, but even if I wasn't. . .I would literally have to admit that Raiders was one of the greatest movies of all time. Does anyone else agree with me, taking into consideration that I'm hypothetically speaking from a non-fan frame of mind? Raiders is just so incredibly well-done that I can't help but consider it to be one of the best movies ever.

: : peace
: : ericao

: I can't agree with you more. But try telling that to anyone born a few years after it's release. Right now they're all caught up in this film called "Titanic" which won original screenplay, despite being based on "A Night to Rememeber"

: "Raiders" is the all-time greatest adventure film. It has everything from action to comedy to outright horror. I hesitate to say the greatest movie, simply because is was inspired by so many other greats. But it is my all-time favourite.

: Well, that's my two bits for now. If you wanna instigate a very interesting arguement, just tell me "Titanic" was a good show

I WAS born a few years after Raiders' release, and I think it IS the best film I've ever seen. I'm not saying I'm anti-Titanic, because I haven't seen Titanic. If I did, I think I would enjoy it, from what I've heard about it, although I'd still think Raiders is the best I've seen.--Jonathan Jones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]