I hope it really is 'coming soon' (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thefumegator from Adialup238.slkc.uswest.net on June 08, 2001 at 10:43:01:

In Reply to: my theory on the delay on Indy IV..comments wanted.. posted by Jonesy on June 07, 2001 at 22:06:08:

:
: Hi everyone,

: with the words of Steven Spielberg ringing from the ears of every Indy fan today, I myself have to think that the reason Paramount Pictures is Holding up giving the go ahead on this LOOOOONG awaited picture is relatively simple. While the writers guild of America has agreed to THEIR particular contract extention, the actors, thus far have not secured a contract, one could see Indy IV being filmed and then having to shut itself down in a potential ACTORS/ACTRESSES strike, thus costing the studio XXX amount of dollars, till a settlement with SAG is reached. Now, my guess is the SECOND, a new accord is reached between SAG and whomever it is they are negoiating with, Paramount will give the GREEN light to this film. Of course as an Indy diehard, I can only hope that Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford, don't commit to anything other than the bare essentials so that this window of opportunity (LOOOOONG awaited if i may say so) does't take us X amount of years to get to this point again. For Ford, promote the heck out of K-19 The Widowmaker, Steven, work on Minority Report, do its press, and post production, lay the ground work for Star Wars III, and do what has to be done with in regards to promoting Episode 2, but keep this window open and let us begin a countdown to the premiere of Indiana Jones IV: A MOVIE THAT WILL HAPPEN SOON.

: Regards to all, hope you are all fantastic, the news itself that the 3 principles are FINALLY ready is still a great sign for us.

: Jonesy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]