SW Insider's 'Raiders' tribute....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupU145.mpls.uswest.net on June 08, 2001 at 18:30:33:

I've only read through about half of the 20 or so pages, but am I the only one that thinks he could've written just as good an article himself? I mean ALL of the Lucas/Spielberg quotes come DIRECTLY from the interviews that follow each film in the '99 Boxed Set. It's pathetic. God forbid you actually track down these guys and do your own damn interviews. I could've slapped their quotes together and thrown a couple very common photos in an sold it as new, just as they did.

And WHO in the hell is "Michael G. Ryan"? He's the supposed gear expert who wrote the blurbs about Indy's outfit, most of which seems like deja vu after having visited IndyGear. Check out his *tip* on how to make your whip look more like Indy's, now if that ain't plagarism I don't know what is. Ahh but at least the guy has some pretty cheesy gear himself. Take a look at his hat ribbon, can anybody say 'doctored in PhotoShop'?

Oh well, I guess 20 pages in the BACK of a what I can only assume to be a monthly 'Star Wars' magazine is all we'll get. Just another slap in the face of the collective Indy fan.

Austin "Fumin' over $6 magazine" Powers

P.S. One good thing, the article was laid out quite well and had a very Indyesque look to it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]