There is a fine line betwixt homage and rip-off...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from user-2iveu8e.dialup.mindspring.com on June 09, 2001 at 12:21:24:

In Reply to: Raider vs. Raiders.... posted by junior on June 09, 2001 at 11:04:52:

I've seen that scene from Tomb Raider, too. While Indy was a couple of yards from the swordsman, Lara seems to be within spitting distance of that statue. Also, Indy had the opportunity to fight the swordsman, whereas that statue seems to have gotten the drop on the buxom young Croft, and she doesn't have much chance to do anything BUT shoot it. I don't have high expectations for Tomb Raider, but with no Indy 4 on the horizon, I'll take any port in a storm...
-graml

: I've seen a couple previews of Laura Croft and one sequence in particular seems a complete steal from Raiders. She turns around to find a silly looking stone demon in front of her.....she then ala Indy gives a smirk and whips out a Colt65 as in Cairo.

: Since I only went to see one movie last year, Crouching Tiger, and nothing has been promising in 2001, I will probably not venture out for this MTV video. so when in theaters, all that go post the Indy similarities in Raider that you come across.

: jr

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]