How often do movies that make a lot of money in the North American market still fall flat?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0458.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on June 09, 2001 at 16:09:19:

In Reply to: Are you drunk? There's millions of Indiana Jones fans!!! (NM) posted by Sean on June 09, 2001 at 14:19:12:

Don't forget that most movies are so expensive these days that they have to be successful in other markets to make money.
The Asian market is HUGE! The European market is not to be dismissed either.
I remember that Terminator 2 would not have recovered its cost if it hadn't made a lot of money in other countries as well. And that was a movie that cost over 100 million bucks to make.
The question now is, how popular is Indiana Jones in these other markets? In Europe he's still popular, but with whom? The kids who make the majority of moviegoers? I doubt it.
And how about Asia. Is it still opening the market for foreign films or is it shutting down?
Have you been to a theater in Japan lately? The price for a movie ticket is the equivalent of $15! So the kids don't go to theaters as much as they do here...
FG
PS: I ask again, how popular is Indy still? Worldwide?
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: