Re: Fedoras

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on November 03, 1998 at 19:35:03:

In Reply to: Fedoras posted by Jeff on November 03, 1998 at 14:20:58:

: If you live in the Midwest(Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, etc.), there is the Stetson factory outlet in St. Joseph,MO. They have all the men's dress hats you can wear. I stopped by there today and they had all the "authentic" Indiana Jones replica hats from the early eighties out on the tables. Unfortunately, they no longer take orders, you can only buy what they have on hand. However, they will shape and taper your hat for a small fee($8 in my case). I was lucky enough to happen upon a real gem of a fedora a coulple of months ago. It must have been a hold over from an order because it has a gold "Byrnie Utz 310 Union St. Seattle" symble on the sweat band next to the Stetson emblem. It was still in an oval shape and had not yet been creased or shaped. They were able to shape it from some pictures of Indy's Raiders hat and the specs I got from the Diggs page. It looks REALLY good and is about 50% beaver fur(the higher the percentage the more waterproof and durable the hat). It is a chocolate brown color with a very dark(almost black) ribbon. It is an excelent hat and I got it for a mere $35 plus the shaping fee. They also have the "Temple" fedora, mentioned on this forum, for a mere $24.99!!! So if you are on a budget like me:-( and you live in this region, you can pick up a great fedora at a great price. They also carry all the western styles in case you are looking for an "Frisco Kid" replica hat.
: Groo sells at bargain-basement prices Regards,
: Jeff

: BTW if anyone who lives in the Seattle area and/or knows who Byrnie Utz is, please E-mail me some information. I have been trying to get some details, but I keep comming up short.

Mike/Max of the IndyDiggs, you need to put this on your fedora page. The Temple has been listing for $89.00 and higher in most catalogs. This is something that definately needs to be logged in. Thanks for this source, Jeff! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]