Re: The Ford Height Controversy

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kittlemeier from proxy-1323.public.svc.webtv.net on June 11, 2001 at 02:12:24:

In Reply to: The Ford Height Controversy posted by Austin Powers on June 10, 2001 at 02:17:12:

: Take a look at this picture. Ford is definitely shorter than Connery, but by how much? They both appear to be standing pretty much straight up, and their facing the same direction. I'd say Ford looks maybe 2 or 3 inches shorter, and if Connery's in the neighborhood of 6'2" or 6'3", then that'd put Ford in the 6' ballpark.

: I don't see more than a 3" difference in height really, but who's to say.

: Austin Powers

Internet Movie DataBase says that Connery and Ford both are 6'1" so we know that's not correct. Connery is usually listed as 6'2" or 6'3" and Ford usually 6' to 6'1". Looking at the picture and keeping in mind Connery is wearing average heeled dress shoes and a short crowned hat and Ford is wearing Aldens and a very tall crowned hat it looks to me that there may be up to a four inch difference in height which would put Ford at 5'10" or 5'11". I beleive Noel Howard and Peter Boatright are the only ones of us that have met Ford and working in the costume industry both of these guys should have this height thing figured out pretty well so I'm going to go with what they say.
Kittlemeier

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]