Re: What is different w/ the expanded edition?(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on June 11, 2001 at 13:40:42:

In Reply to: What is different w/ the expanded edition?(nm) posted by Indiana Jun on June 11, 2001 at 12:55:23:

Well considering I got a few years on ya, I would expect that you have the expanded edition of the Raiders soundtrack. It has a slip cover and a white booklet. It contains the complete soundtrack. The old version was missing several music cues such as the piece of music used for the flying wing fight. Also, several of the shorter cues were combined (in a musical way) for your listening enhancement. The new version is much cooler, but the old version was neat in some ways. There is one thing that kind of bums me out about the new one. On the expanded edition, the little flute and drum reprise that is at the end of the Raiders march appears on the short version (without Marion's theme). On the old soundtrack it appears on the long version (w/ Marion's theme). I had to do some doctoring on my computer to hear it the old way. Regards

xxxxxxxxx

: : Hey Jun, I believe everybody is just talking about the Polydor version that was actually made in Germany. I own this and to the best of my knowledge, this is the same as the Japanese import. I know that it is the same as the original vinyl that was released with the film (also Polydor). At some point Columbia lost the rights to Raiders which was also picked up by Polydor. I had one of these CD's too until I gave it away when the expanded version came out. I kind of blew it on that one. Regards

: : xxxxxxxxxx

: :
: : : Hello IndyFans!

: : : Does anybody have this version? I cannot remember for sure if the German and the Japanese are the same but I believe they are. I know they have the same number of tracks, 11. But are the tracks also the same? I have the Japanese print which I did not have to order! Lucky me! It was just sitting there in the store! I finally got all three scores to my favorite trilogy. Everyone have a good one! And please excuse me if this has already been talked about.

: : : Best Regards,
: : : Indiana Jun

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: