Re: Of Paramount Importance?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charger Jones from 1Cust7.tnt3.charleston.wv.da.uu.net on June 11, 2001 at 18:34:37:

In Reply to: Of Paramount Importance? posted by James on June 11, 2001 at 18:27:46:

: I finally read the Spielberg interview in Starlog, so I belatedly offer some random thoughts:

:
: His comments about dealing with Indy still being a graverobber at 59-

: Sounds like it WILL still be business as usual for Dr. Jones.

: Possibly they could write a script that took place around 1954-1958 and that could work into Ford's age? Say, he got back with Marion in or around '39-'40 and they had a kid and so on....NAAAA.
: On a love story ala Connery and Hepburn's Robin Hood-

: I take it that clears up the issue of Indy romancing a girl that's too young for him.

: Maybe they do intend to bring back Karen Allen?

:
: The remark that "believe it or not, they're giving us trouble"-

: Of course it has to be over money,

: Maybe the studio is looking at all of the blockbusters without big stars this summer and trying to lower that projected record salary Ford's rumoured to be getting?

: If it was a case of studio politics (with Dreamworks), wouldn't Spielberg be involved in negotiating?

:
: I dunno. Just some thoughts.

:
: PS. Speaking of newstands, there's also an article in the new Premiere on the Jack Ryan franchise. A couple pics/quotes of Ford, but mostly just Tom Clancy saying he always thought Ford was too old. Good thing he isn't in charge of Indy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]