Not a bad topic....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupHH160.mpls.uswest.net on June 12, 2001 at 14:47:24:

In Reply to: For those of you who grew up in the 80s, what were your biggest 80s influences? posted by schwammy on June 12, 2001 at 13:30:01:

Let's see, the other dude was 7 when the '80s ended, and I was 11, but I reckon the majority of our childhoods, at least, were spent in the '80s.

Oddly enough, 'Raiders' really didn't capture my fancy as much as 'Temple of Doom' did, mainly because all us kids wanted to BE Indy's sidekick the way Shorty was. But even still, Indy didn't fully take his place as my #1 childhood hero until 'Crusade' came out. See I was 10 when the 3rd film was released, and I was too young to have played with toys from 'Raiders', and I VAGUELY remember having the 'ToD' figure, so you can see how the absence of toys for 'Crusade' really was a let down for me, seeing as I was at the perfect age to play with them, yet stash a couple aside for safe keeping.

As far as other big screen influences/heroes go, the list is endless.

Ya got

'Rambo' and 'Rocky',
'Back to the Future',
'The Goonies',
'SUPERMAN',
'Batman'(ONLY the Keaton version and ONLY the 1st movie),
'Ghostbusters',
'The Natural',
Freddy and Jason to mix things up a little,
'Commando',
'Predator',
and last but not least....'DIE HARD'.

On TV ya had

'The Dukes of Hazzard',
'The A-Team',
'Knight Rider',
'Alf',
'Spiderman',
'The Superfriends',
'The Muppet Babies', who could forget Indiana Frog?

I'm probably forgetting a crapload, but that's what I got off the top of my head.

And music-wise ya gotta throw in Guns'n'Roses.

Peace,
Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: