I thought AFI did a purty good job, but . . .

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Dog from 64.14.248.62 on June 13, 2001 at 13:02:10:

They were goin' for thrilling, correct? 'The Exorcist' should have been number one in my opinion. Nice to see 'ROTLA' up there but should have been higher. 'The Godfather?' Does this movie have to be in every list AFI does. Thrilling?! I was thrilled when it was over (personally I think it's an extremely boring movie) I think it's also on AFI's top 100 slapstick movies, jeez. Nice to see Mcqueen get a few flicks in there also.
I think they used HF as best they could. GREAT actor!! Oh yeah!! Charming, personality, host . . . no. The fact that he was part of it got me to watch it. Why do you think John Williams only has the 'Raiders' poster next to him?
A few I would like to have seen . . .
Escape From New York
Back to the Future (more thrilling than ET, anyway)
The Evil Dead
No Way Out
Airport
Steamboat Bill Jr. (The house falling on Keaton IS the most thrilling moment in movie history!!!!!!!!)
The General
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Smokey and the Bandit
Empire Strikes Back
Out of Sight
Just my ramblings, anyway. I would like to repeat, The Godfather is one of the most painfully boring movies I have ever watched. Raiders still keeps me on the edge of my seat.
Titantic? Snoozesville!!! The sinking was a bit nice but there were three more hours of that film that were NOT thrilling!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]