You guessed it....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupE133.mpls.uswest.net on June 13, 2001 at 15:40:16:

In Reply to: Pins and needles . . . posted by Indiana Dog on June 13, 2001 at 15:25:36:

Yeah I would definitely cast Bruce Willis as Frank Bullitt. I mean 'DIE HARD' IS a McQueen movie. Ya got the normal, everyday guy(not some Austrian bodybuilder), thrown into a situation where he has to fend off a dozen terrorists.

Even 'The Last Boyscout' and 'Mercury Rising' have traces of McQueen in 'em. But you're right, in 'Armageddon' he got a little too big for his britches, which is why he's shunned action movies and has started to focus on junk like 'The Kid', which wasn't bad, but anybody could've played that part.

A while back there was a lot of talk about a 'DIE HARD 4', but judging by how he'd rather be "taken seriously" I doubt we'll see Lieutenant McClane again anytime soon.

With regard so 'Ocean's 11', I think Willis ALSO captures Sinatra's coolness. I mean face it, Sinatra was a short, skinny weasel, yet he WAS tough, he WAS cool. With the exception of a couple Bruce Willis films, most of his characters exude that same toughness and attitude, which McQueen's did too.

So yeah, I'd like to see Willis in 'Bullitt', and I heard they OFFERED him a role in 'Ocean's 11', for whatever reason he turned it down. Now ya got Clooney, Pitt, Damon, and Julia Roberts starring in it. You're right, Clooney'd make a great Dino, but I don't see where the other "hot-at-the-moment" stars fit in.

Peace,
Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: