Ohhh, here are some of mine!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jimmie from 1Cust176.tnt8.beaverton.or.da.uu.net on June 14, 2001 at 02:27:08:

In Reply to: Okay, who has suffered Indyesque injuries due to adventuring? posted by Fall Guy on June 13, 2001 at 22:14:08:

One slashed pinky-knuckle from a car headlight during a fight ( I punched for his head, he ducked - very humorous later.)

One scar under my left eye, and a small one above the same, from using a bullwhip while "loaded", showing off for friends. Cut to the bone...stitches required : 5 below, 2 above. Lucky I didn't put my eye out.

My greatest is the small road-rash scars : one above my right temple (barely noticible, now), and one on the top of each wrist.
I was out with a friend when a guy made a rude comment about her, so I retaliated, and he hit me with his car. No lie. This was in a parking lot, and a TON of people saw it. I grabbed on for dear life, hanging along the side over the drivers door, but soon found that the small antenna I'd grabbed atop the car was bending, so I prepared to try to leap away in a controlled roll, just as he hit his breaks to shake me off. Very effective manuever. I hit the ground completely upside-down, and skidded to a stop on the body parts I'd mentioned. Tore up one of my then-favorite sneakers, too.
fortunately all that was REALLY hurt was my ego, as I was wearing a leather jacket at the time (old motorcycle style)

Well, there are others, but there ya go!!

Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]