You heard bad things? Really?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix2-28.essex1.com on June 14, 2001 at 12:59:55:

In Reply to: Indy Novels - Opinions? posted by Crook-ed. on June 14, 2001 at 12:28:49:

I definitely would invest in the novels- they are a great addition and the majority of them are written in such a manner that adequately does justice to the Indy films and that "adventurous spirit".

The ones to stay away from would be the two, god-awful, brain-wrenching, vomit-inducing (okay, maybe I am exaggerating just a little) novels written by Martin Caidan. Clearly, he was not meant to write Indy books.

The MacGregor ones are great in my opinion. I actually got them out recently and read a couple over again. I like the first four the best.

The McCoy novels are pretty good as well. He actually places the story within a historical context concerning the items sought after. I really liked the Dinosaur Eggs one (though the title suggests a second grader wrote it) since it parallels the adventures of my favorite real explorer- Roy Chapman Andrews.

Anyways, check them out. You won't be disappointed. Although they pretty much all take place before the movies, it isn't as torturous as those Young Indiana Jones Chronicles- it's quite enjoyable instead.

Hope this helps.

The Barkeep.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: