The Art Contest

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from ecs.edmonton.ab.ca on June 14, 2001 at 17:09:08:

You know, the more I look at all the current entries, the more I think Austin Powers' drawing should have won first place! I don't mean any offense towards the other people who entered, but that one was probably the most innovative of them all, and I think the fact that there was no color added served to actually enhance it.

The first placer did a great job with it, but like "The Art Kritic" pointed out, it had the drawing flaw with Marion (and Indy sort of looked a but Hasselhoff-ish with his hair, don't ask why ;)) that deterred it from an otherwise really cool poster.

Also, my least favorite one was the "South Park" one. It just didn't catch my interest at all, mostly because I'm tired of SP, but it was a very well-done, just didn't suit my tastes.

Also, at first I was shocked that I didn't make the Top 10, but when I saw the entries, I realized that my drawing skills just ain't up to snuff with you Picasso's and DaVinci's. :p

Perhaps I can figure out something cool to draw next year that could actually semi-live up to these winners. ;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]