Tomb Raider: AVOID AT ALL COSTS

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Banzai from adsl-63-195-73-203.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on June 15, 2001 at 00:52:39:

It's as bad as many online reviews have said it is It had potential. Jolie IS Lara Croft, but that's the problem: Lara Croft is a one-dimensional video game character, and that carries over to the film. It's like watching someone else play 'Tomb Raider' for two hours, complete with boring cut scenes. I can't recommend this film to anyone. Most folks walking out of the preview were muttering how bad the film was. There was little applause at the end, but that was from Eidos employees in the audience. Not enough action, characters that you care nothing about, villians that are less threatening than a barking chihuahua.

If you're going for Jolie's hooters, you'll be disappointed. The best shots are from the wallpapers available from the main site.

It was slow torture for 100 minutes. I got home in time to see 'Raiders' named #10 in AFI's poll. I started to watch 'Raiders' to remind me what a summer blockbuster is supposed to be like.

That said, I'm sure many of you will still run out and see it. If you enjoy it, great, but in my opinion, this is going to be the worst film of the summer.

Take care.

Patiently waiting for 'Planet of the Apes'......

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]