Re: archaeology

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from user-2iveve4.dialup.mindspring.com on June 15, 2001 at 18:05:16:

In Reply to: archaeology posted by soap-box jones on June 15, 2001 at 10:14:08:

Archaeology is a popular topic in my neck of the woods. I live just a stone's throw from Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown and the site of the old English-speaking community in the New World, so this area is probably an anomaly. In the museum where I work, we get dozens of researchers who aren't archaeologists, but depend on the work done by you guys to find out more about how the Powhatan Indians lived, how the English settlers lived and worked and what a colonial harbor town was like. And with the work being done on the Monitor wreck, we've got more people than ever interested in both Civil War history and underwater archaeology. The work being done by NOAA, William and Mary and the folks from APVA is really coming in handy, seeing how the state is stressing VA history in standardized testing nowadays!
-graml
PS As for the hoarding of knowledge, I think it's disgraceful. But then, I may be a tad biased seeing how I work in a library.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]