Please don't take that the wrong way...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Adam from spider-mtc-ti053.proxy.aol.com on June 15, 2001 at 19:50:31:

In Reply to: A THOUGHT.... posted by Austin Powers on June 15, 2001 at 12:36:02:

: Shouldn't judges be a little more objective?

: And if you're the *real* Adam, and if Mr. Shipper followed the rules, you should have no trouble getting in touch with him.

Actually, um...this IS the real Adam. I simply did not have his email address available, as Micah is the caretaker in that regard.

I'll hold off my comments and views regarding the contest selections until our commentary for the entire works are posted. They will speak for themselves. All I will add here is that I was sincerely impressed by many people's works, including yours.

In regards to my comment here for Mr. Shipper, this was simply a message to him expressing my enthusiasm for his work. It was not designed to scoff or slight the other contestants, and if it seemed that way, I apologize.

I honestly believe that my own judgement was objective. For me to show bias to a bunch of strangers (I do not know any of you personally) is a rather silly argument. But, of course, that is not to say that I expect everyone to accept my views without question. Of course reactions to the art selections were varied. Such is the nature of the beast. You have every right to express your views. I welcome them -- but as such, please to not be offended if I should express mine. Be proud of your achievements, while also showing good sportsmanship to others whose works were deserving of praise and attention, too. This showcase was, after all, designed to celebrate the creativity of fans, and if someone should take interest in another's ability, that should be encouraged, not frowned upon. (Hasn't the attention given by other Indyfans on this forum made YOU feel pride? Hasn't the knowledge of being honored in this showcase given you a smile? I hope so... So please, let someone else share in that, too!)

These opinions are my own, and I do not intend to put words in Micah's mouth. This comment was written by me, and not him.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]