Re: Man, im done with this...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent from 65.164.41.108 on June 16, 2001 at 01:37:13:

In Reply to: Man, im done with this... posted by Georgiana Jones on June 16, 2001 at 01:10:59:

: I realized something on the 20th anniversary... I sat down with some sodas and chips, popped Raiders into my VCR, and I could barely watch it... I mean literally it was almost painful to watch...

: Its a sad thing when something so bright and bold is killed.. But it has been done. Thanks to countless viewings of these films, the tragedy that was the Young Indiana Jones movies, all the BS and misleadings about Indy IV, constant Indy-esque film flops, and my discovery that I am a fanatic... and thats a problem... I can barely watch ANY of the Indy movies...

: So, as the title says, im done with this. I just can't be an Indy-fan anymore... Too painful. Too many let downs, and frankly im just sick of waiting. Life wasn't meant to be spent in the shadow of a fictional character...

: Have fun Indy fans... It was a good ride..

: Georgiana!!!!

Well, I guess were all entitled to move on to other things but; but please allow me with my tenets, I think we all need a break. For one time a long time ago I was much like you I couldn't stand to watch the movie, I found it boring poorly acted and terribly directed. So for about a year or two I never watched it, never even read any of the books, I just moved to other things women, sex, Zorro, Catherine Zeta-Jones, music. Then I finally got bored on a rainy day and popped it in a watched it and again I enjoyed it; I realized I could have more in my life than just a fictional character, but I can also make room for him always. Now I only watch the movie maybe once or three times a year, and enjoy the thrill it brings. There is nothing wrong with who you were or what you are! I will always enjoy the thrill that was Jones’ but I must also say I don’t care if you leave or not, I never knew you and you were never a big deal, never really read much into your comment. But I do hope eventually maybe even if it takes ten years you might pop in those Videos on a cold rainy day with nothing to do and experience the adventure with fresh eyes. But hey, go ahead and taste the joys of life (that sounded so Doctor Lecterish didn’t it?) and maybe you’ll apprehend a life can be lead by many different directions. But take a break you can come back or you can leave, I’m not trying to alter your opinion just wanting to speak my peace.
Besides if you are really leaving the Indy Fandom world you will never read this. So George if you DO read this that means you still have a place in your heart for Dr. Jones. I used to reserve half my heart to him, now I have places for everything, beautiful music, Meg, Indy, Women, and all the other many joys of life!
Kent (or am I?)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]