Don't go doing anything rash, now...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Inby from ppp05.nwnetwork.net on June 16, 2001 at 01:55:09:

In Reply to: Re: Man, im done with this... posted by Kent on June 16, 2001 at 01:37:13:

It's just a game, this Indy stuff. Why, if we couldn't beat a 20-year old tired crappy shallow action flick to death with detail-fixated fanaticism and wiseass remarks, then... um. Yeah.
My point is just to drop it, see it for the insular self-absorbed hobby that it is, and drop it. Later, sometime, then pick it up. Everyone who participates here (for whatever reason) comes and goes; we get to shoot the shite at Micah's place, and he's been pretty considerate to let us outstay the welcome. It's like a house party at his folks' when they're out of town, and all the cuties have left, but you still feel like trying to capture that party groove...
So, yeah, why am I still at the office working/dropping into the Forum? Well, partly because it is a self-indulgent exercise in subjecting you all to my pathetic bons mots... But then I leave and don't give the forum a second thought. I can't watch those dumb movies, as I don't own a television. Indy is just a toy for the too many bored moments in real life. But if the game ceases to amuse, then just drop it and move on.
One needn't beat oneself up about getting into the play.
Indy 4? Maybe. Whatever. At least I'll have something to complain about, alone in the darkness of my shabby failed life.
I think that sentence was intended to have some glib ironic detatched dark humor about it...

Inby (or am I?)(yeah, what the hell.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]