I did that with 'The Mummy Returns'....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupB80.mpls.uswest.net on June 16, 2001 at 02:56:09:

In Reply to: The Secret: Lowered Expectations... posted by Micah on June 15, 2001 at 22:09:37:

...and I tried to fool myself into thinkin' the sequel was okay. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that 'The Mummy Returns' sucked, plain and simple.

It was a bad movie, with a lame story, cheesy effects, and one-dimensional characters. After seeing the first 'Mummy' I remembered everything about it, I remembered characters' names, plotlines, and action sequences. After 'The Mummy Returns' I was lucky if I remembered where I parked my car. My memory of the sequel is just a big blur, consisting of one explosion and "witty" retort after another.

By lowering our expectations we, in essence, tell Hollywood that we'll accept bad movies. After hearing the bad reviews of 'Tomb Raider' from people whose opinions I value here, I won't waste my $7 on a ticket. I doubt I'll even rent it. I never played the game and Jolie makes me a bit nauscious, tack on a crappy story and I'm avoidin' it like the plague.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]