Re: Is there any reason for pointing out how bad Tomb Raider is?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from host-216-78-21-123.cae.bellsouth.net on June 16, 2001 at 13:11:00:

In Reply to: Is there any reason for pointing out how bad Tomb Raider is? posted by Jay on June 16, 2001 at 10:11:53:

Since we're all big movie fans, especially fans of summer movies, I think it's just natural disappointment. Aren't you tired of having to say "Well, it's not THAT bad," about every "Blockbuster" so far this summer?

The Mummy Returns, Pearl Harbor, and now Tomb Raider. Remember- TR is Paramount's BIG offering this summer, this isn't just something they unloaded on us during the offseason.

In some ways it reminds me of Batman and Robin, in that the internet fans have really renounced it before its release. We all know how that movie went on to be remembered, but TR's already made 17 million in its first day, so it will spawn those 2 sequels that are rumoured. And more Crap is King videogame movies. And who knows how it will impact the Indy 4 negotiations?

Ah, remember when you didn't have to defend a summer bomb, because there would be a better movie opening the next week? And it was a good thing, because then the studio/actor would set out to do better next time? Me neither.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]