Yet another Tomb Raider review...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from aig65386y28se.ab.hsia.telus.net on June 16, 2001 at 21:03:21:

...I saw it last night. For me, I really enjoyed the film, it was an enjoyable near 2 hours, and Lara's butler kicked ass! ;)

I don't think anyone can ever cohesively explain the "plot" to the movie (you mean there WAS one? :P), but like Ebert said, in this case it didn't matter too much. It would be idiotic to compare it to the Indy films since its obvious that the Indy series are way better movies, so I'll compare them to the other Raiders spin-offs, homages, rip-offs, whatever you'd like to call them.

The first Mummy was much better than TR, but TR was much better than The Mummy Returns (my opinion of course).

Tomb Raider won't make my list for best movie of the summer (I hope to save that title for the "Planet of the Apes" remake!), but its a fun movie, and that's all its meant for. Just because you love Indy, it doesn't mean you have to be ideologically opposed to it like its fascism or some sort of Cold War-style paranoia that many people in here are out to do for Lara Croft.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]