Re: Finally an answer to Indy's Fedora?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laurie Jensen from proxy2.frmt1.sfba.home.com on November 07, 1998 at 02:52:41:

In Reply to: Finally an answer to Indy's Fedora? posted by George Luger on November 07, 1998 at 01:48:39:

: Stetson has an open crown felt hat, the model S3243 (Nostalgia).
: seems this model has the correct color, correct brim,
: correct sweat band and best of all, an open crown, which
: means you can shape the crown the way indy's fedora should be.
: with center dent and deep large side dents.

: I believe it has better chance of becoming more true to the movie
: indy fedora than Stetson's Temple or Ark or any other fedoras
: out there that claims to be the Indy hat.

: let me know what you guys and gals think.

I think you made a great find. I just went over to the Millerhats site to check everything out, and this hat is in the revised Stetson section on page 2. The Miller people certainly consider this the Indiana Jones alternative because they refer to the hat as the "Indy", not the Nostalgia. They also have a small blurb where they say they will crease the crown to make it look more like the real thing-I wonder if they mean both the center dent as well as the front pinch. At any rate, the hat comes in three brim sizes 2 3/4 (the correct width for the front and back of the brim), 2 5/8, and 2 1/2, but no mention on whether the sides are cut dimensionally like Indy's hat. I also compared the photos of the hat to the Temple and Ark and the color seems a little lighter, making it a lot closer to the real thing. The ribbon looks the same as on the Temple, which is fairly close in color, but about a half inch too wide. Price isn't an issue-at $95 it's identical to the Temple and Ark. All and all, it's the closet thing I've seen in terms of color and general size in this price range. Heck, I would go so far to say that the color is more accurate than the Hebert Johnson hat. Personally, I'm very interested, especially if the Stetson outlet Jeff mentioned has them at a reduced price.

Thanks for the tip.

Laurie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: