You know what?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Harry from 108-pool1.ras10.casnc.tii-dial.net on June 17, 2001 at 23:31:21:

In Reply to: A quote from Spielberg, circa 1981 posted by Indiana Banzai on June 17, 2001 at 22:43:37:

I'm perfectly fine when people give opinions and say "I don't like this" or "I don't like that." But what really gets me pissed is when they start saying "so-and-so sucks" and start warning people against it. Like you said, people can have opinions. But when you start putting down every aspect of something and taking away other people's choices, you're just getting personal. You figure somewhere, somehow SOMEBODY has to like SOMETHING. This applies to everything; movies, music, books, etc. And making a movie is a lot of hard work, too. By putting it down, you're saying that all that hard work involved in it was a waste of time and all the people who made it are stupid. How would you like it if someone else thought that way of something you put a lot of time and effort in? It's very disrespectful. So all I'm saying is that people should be able to have their own opinions but be able to keep their true hateful feelings to themselves.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]