Sly casting in jokes!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hannibal King from ausfire.austin.ppdi.com on November 08, 1998 at 02:12:15:

Howdy,
As a relative newcomer to the forum, this maybe old news, but can anyone name the actors who appeared in more than one of the Indy flicks? Of course you can, there are six! Harrison Ford (well, duh!) John Rhys Davies, Denholm Eliot and of course resident big thug Pat Roach (I was so pissed off when the zepellin fight didn't make it into the final cut of the Last Crusade). However, Micheal Sheard appeared in both Raiders and Last Crusade - as the UBoat captain in one and as Hitler in the other (he almost got the part of Toht, until it went to Ronald Lacey). The sixth actor? Well, and I got this straight from Michael Sheards mouth) In the book burning scene in Last Crusade Ronald Lacey appears incredibly briefly as Heinrich Himmler on the podium along with the Nazi generals and Ilsa. If you pause the video or DVD or whatever you can confirm this fact for yourself. I hope this is of some interest to you all.

See ya,

Hannibal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: