Agreed...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from adsl-63-201-103-106.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on June 19, 2001 at 11:45:28:

In Reply to: I thin the fall was a light beige and the cracker was brown or black (nm) posted by Adrian on June 19, 2001 at 11:35:35:

: : :

The fall and cracker on the whips DM made which were provided by Glen Randall - I believe - can be seen quite easily. I think the cracker is black - I've not seen any other color on a DM, nor during the times I've visited his store. I do know that the fall was what he called a "white latigo" (?) that he could no longer get in a high quality - as of about 18-24 months ago. Sorry, but it has been awhile since I've been there. Anyway, he was using falls that were redish-brown when I last saw him.

If you want to find falls in the "correct" color, I believe Mark Allen carries them. I know the Joe Strain I have has the white fall. Putting them on is not terribly difficult, and the DM site has a section that walks you through the process.

One note? There are scenes where a non-DM stunt whip is used. Noticible during the temple scene where he swings over the pit. That is a specially made whip that uses a steel cable as the core. You can note it is different as it really has no cracker or fall, nor does it have the wrist loop. I've asked around, and nobody I've been able to talk to knows where these came from.

Another mystery...

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: