The press release us at Starwars.com (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Thefumegator from Adialup217.slkc.uswest.net on June 19, 2001 at 12:30:34:

In Reply to: PHANTOM MENACE ON DVD! posted by Adam on June 19, 2001 at 12:01:25:

: JUNE 19

: May the force be with you...

: Well, finally, it is here. As I sit typing this (bleary-eyed at 5am), it is hard to believe that what we've all longed for ever since we picked up our first DVD players has finally arrived. Lucasfilm has just delivered at least most of the specs on the first Star Wars film ever to grace a DVD, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Though a full press release is not yet available, this is the first official information for the press issued by Lucasfilm, along with the box cover artwork (click on the image for an enlargement.)

: "On October 16, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will begin the worldwide release of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace on DVD. The highly anticipated arrival of Episode I marks the first film of the Star Wars saga to debut on DVD.

: Enthusiastic fans of the film will be rewarded for their patience. Clocking in at about 480 minutes in length, it features over six hours of additional bonus material, including brand new visual effects sequences executed just for the DVD release.

: Here's what the two-disc set will feature:

: The Phantom Menace, mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Anamorphic Widescreen and Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English), Dolby 2.0 Surround (English and Spanish), and Dolby 2.0 Surround (French, for Canadian release)
: Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Co-Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Scott Squires, John Knoll and Dennis Muren; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film
: Seven never-before-seen deleted scenes with full visual effects completed just for the DVD release
: "The Beginning" -- an all-new hour-long documentary culled from over 600 hours of footage offering unprecedented access inside Lucasfilm and ILM during the making of Episode I
: Multi-angle storyboard to animatic to finished film feature, that lets you flip through the various phases of development of key action sequences
: Five behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring The Phantom Menace's storyline, designs, costumes, visual effects and fight scenes
: The popular "Duel of the Fates" music video that debuted in 1999
: All 12 parts of the Lynne's Diaries, the web documentaries that first appeared at starwars.com
: Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign, and never-before-scene production photos
: Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus seven TV spots including the "tone poems"
: That is the entirety of the released text. No exact retail price info is yet available, but we're told to expect it soon. Well, I will let you, dear readers, digest these features and see what you think. But I will say that it is quite a relief that this title has finally, officially been announced. And for those of you counting down, just remember, only 120 days until October 16th...

:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]