Hmmm....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from host-216-78-21-153.cae.bellsouth.net on June 19, 2001 at 13:20:10:

In Reply to: Producers say there is still NO SCRIPT yet for Indy 4!!! You know what I love about Indy 4? It's at the same status it was SEVEN YEARS AGO!!!!! I want to thank george Lucas for dragging this damn thing on for these last seven years without a stitch if progress. I would be happy if they just shelve this project because I can't take this no script thing anymore!!!!!!!!!!!How does it take 7 years to come up with a script that is at least Last Crusade calibur? Screw Lucas!!!! posted by John G. on June 19, 2001 at 03:54:59:

Indy's original return in 1995 was scrapped by Lucas, but how can you blame him for scrapping other plans that were never true in the first place? Nearly every rumour about Indy 4 has originated from fans. At the same time, most all of the rumours that are allegedly from "insiders" have all stated that the film wouldn't likely start shooting until 2002.

And there HAVE been scripts that are likely on par with Last Crusade-

IJ and the Law of One
IJ and the Ultimate Destiny
IJ and the Red Scare
IJ and the Forbidden Treasure
IJ and the Garden of Life

etc. etc.

I really don't think they ever intended for the film to come out earlier than 2001 or 2003, so it's probably safe to say that the film is and always has been right on schedule. (As hard as that is to believe after all the fan speculation.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]