Not bad

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from 216.160.13.107 on June 19, 2001 at 14:44:50:

In Reply to: Indy 4..."What if" open discussion posted by AM on June 19, 2001 at 14:24:16:

The poster's name and registered IP address don't match. This post is probably the work of an impersonator, take it with a grain of salt:

I like that Garden of Eden idea, seeing as almost EVERYONE has heard of the Garden, and it's a place that almost everyone would wanna visit.

The fact remains, however, that in the 4th installment Indy would HAVE TO have a child OR younger sidekick/counterpart. I think we all realize that this's a given. If they could successfully introduce this youngster, and make him/her an interesting and likeable character, it could add something that the previous 3 films lacked. But if they botch it up, the way most "aging hero" movies do, then God help us all. If Indy MUST have a child, my vote'd go to Natalie Portman. But then again they COULD find just as good an unknown actor.

I DO like your "young scientist at Tanis" idea, that's pretty slick. Maybe he was one of Belloq's unseen aides, or a "hired" scientist who developed a hatred toward Jones. If he was hired/Shanghaied, that would explain his absence at the opening of the Ark.

Another treasure Indy could go after is that book/hall of records that's supposedly buried beneath the Sphinx. I think he found it in one of the novels, but I reckon the Big 3 could make it into an even better movie.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]