Let's Hope They Don't Make A Sequel To Raiders.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James from host-216-78-23-30.cae.bellsouth.net on June 19, 2001 at 15:43:41:

In Reply to: Indy 4..."What if" open discussion posted by AM on June 19, 2001 at 14:24:16:

Interesting ideas. Here's some of my random thoughts on Indy 4.

-It has the potential to be the best of the sequels, and my wish would be that they aim to do the best of the series. Think Godfather II, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

-Your idea about the scientist is one of the better Raiders-inspired ideas I've read, but I really think that trying to tie the movie to Raiders would ultimately be for sentimental reasons only. They looked to Raiders for inspiration already on Last Crusade.

-The brother, the daughter, and the kid. Don't add- continue. This is the kind of thinking that resulted in Batman and Robin and Lethal Weapon 4's oversized marquees. It's adding characters to the credits instead of adding to the character people are already interested in. They did it in LC, let's hope they don't do it again.

-Forget continuity. I don't care what they did in Young Indy. No one saw it anyway. If they did, they won't remember it. I know Lucas is a stickler for continuity, but Indy doesn't need to lose an eye or have a daughter.

-Atlantis, Garden of Eden, Lost Continents. These are all considerably bigger than a simple artifact, and it will be interesting to see how the pull it off. It's all interpretation, but the payoff is going to have to be really, really good. The Indy novels have all been really good at the setup and quest, but somewhat disappointing in resolving the story.

In the end, let's hope it doesn't feel like a sequel to Raiders, but rather something you can point to as being as good as Raiders.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]