It's not that easy.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rundquist from adsl-63-201-187-189.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net on June 19, 2001 at 18:50:42:

In Reply to: Re: Lucas Makes Good on Word. posted by Mack on June 19, 2001 at 18:11:56:

All I can say is that most fans do not realize how many factors are involved in making a movie. First and foremost, the thing with the script is crucial. If you don't have a script, you don't have a movie. You gotta have a good script. It is a lot harder to get one than many fans realize, at least without lowering the bar to the dreck that is the current standard. Does it take ten years? No, but they haven't been working on it seriously for ten years. Recently they have tried to tap the talent of the best that Hollywood has to offer. Once they have a script, the big three (Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford) all have to agree that they like it. Once that is done, they have to coordinate all three of their schedules, not an easy task. These guys are so busy that they can't commit to a project that because of the lack of story doesn't even really exist. Lucas had the basic outline for a story for the first two movies. Has anyone ever thought why the Last Crusade came five years after Temple? They didn't have a story they could agree on. It's a very big deal. I think that the reports of a script were premature. I don't think that all involved could agree on the story up to this point. I believe this is going to change, but it's more of a hat trick than most of us give it credit for. Regards

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

: Not owing us anything is one thing, but jerking us around for YEARS is another. They've fed us so much crap about how NOT close the movie is to benig made, but continue to say that they would love to do one and probably will. WHEN? This is the kind of hell we've been going through for what I believe is seven years. I've personally been following it for at least four. "We have a script, a couple of scripts, we're offering the So-and-so to write the script, we have no scripts, our schedules are off, one person's too busy, Paramount is holding the project up." How much of this crap can we take? An honest answer about where the project is would do it for me, but I simply don't know what's going on anymore. I only hope that I can stop hoping and start knowing when it's gonna be made. And I hope I know soon

: Mack: One Who Wants Indy 4 To Happen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]