I must dissent!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kent from 65.164.41.134 on June 20, 2001 at 09:00:10:

In Reply to: Hey graml, your work is underrated! posted by Fall Guy on June 20, 2001 at 02:09:24:

While I did enjoy graml's Indy drawing and thought it to be quite funny. I believe Steven Diliberto's drawing of Indy's older son was just short of genius.
Look how he captured the depth and realism in his picture, his eyes, and eyebrows while retaining his own features resemble very close those of his fathers. Although he has quite a honker on him though, maybe if his nose was a tad bit smaller and he had some teeth and his lips are a bit too large! But, just look at how he created this masterpiece, by simply changing his jacket, from his fathers old leather jacket to his son's newer trendier jacket. Out with the old and in with the new, is what this drawing is saying, by getting rid of the usual collered shirts, this younger Indy has a simple button up shirt, no messy collars to get in his way when adventuring.
I have to wonder what happened to the hat? Sure, most modern guys don't wear a fedora, but at least you could have put a ball cap on him!
But look at the detail and imagination that went into this. Just look how he resembles his father, by his bruises and cuts and messy dirty hair, with the worried eyes. Brilliant! But what does this have to do with the Raiders 20th? Is his son going after the ark in a new adventure, hoping to get it for the museum? Maybe? Could you shed some light into this Mr. Diliberto. Also I thought you told me it was done in charcoal...

I think there will only be about ten people who will get my joke... :P
Kent

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: