Indy! The Musical!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Inby from ppp29.nwnetwork.net on June 20, 2001 at 23:21:34:

In Reply to: Re: Look no further. posted by Be-losch on June 20, 2001 at 22:48:08:

"I've Grown Accustomed to His Face Melting", tra la la...
I enjoyed that drinking song; I see a smoke-filled bar, an Australian climber, a tough broad... Hey FG, I realize there ain't no preview button here, but did that lyric refer to "Samuel Addams" a new creepy beer you've invented? Or was it an inconsequential typo and should I admit, to quote D.F. Wallace, that "I suddenly realized that I could be a real asshole".
Which leads me to wonder how my old buddy Charles Addams would have illustrated poor Indy being tortured by Pugsley and dear beautiful Wednesday. "Is it the bright obsidian flakes of her eyes that drive me ever to distraction? Or is it the brittle cobwebby embrace of her inkly brushed limbs? Ah, Ah, do I abjure thee, shining Doody of emerald Eire and forsake your gracile fascist joys for one girl drawn and thus be quartered? Yes, she of the cartoon, and no, not to that celluloid avataress Ricci, nor the tubed Loring... But my fresh warm heart to the flat and illustrative Wednesday of yellowed magazines, terrifying other cartoons with the death rattle of ruffling pages..."
http://lowdown.com/morose/waddams.jpg
No, 'tis not my own limb, but that of another suitor, a rival for her eye.
Is there a topic anymore?
No

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: