Re: Indy Signed Fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark from pool-207-205-146-6.dlls.grid.net on November 09, 1998 at 12:43:47:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Signed Fedora posted by Michaelson on November 09, 1998 at 10:04:03:

I would LOVE to have this hat, but I wouldn't like to spend that much money. But, in a collector's world, autographed items like this always go for big bucks. It's kind of like an autographed photo(with a real COA), you can pick up the actual photo for around $2.00, but when it's signed, your looking at around $40 to $60, or more(a several hundred percent increase). It all depends on what the actual item is that's signed, how many there are like it(signed), and how desirable it may be in the future that will determine the ACTUAL value of the piece. With this particular hat being donated directly from LucasFilms AND Ford, and it being specified on the COA, this is what holds a good portion of the value, regardless of what it is. I mean, they could donate virtually anything, no matter what it is- as long as it is verified on the COA that it came from them, the item would hold a pretty big market value, the signature on the piece would be secondary, and then the actual retail value. The big collector's usually determine the value this way, that's why prices are so high, but they usually increase(for one-offs like this)no matter how high the initial price seems.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]