Confession is good for the soul...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.201.103.106 on June 21, 2001 at 10:53:01:

In Reply to: I like Patterson's idea for Indy4. What about... posted by junior on June 19, 2001 at 20:37:25:

A friend who had a working relationship with Lucasfilms, which was severed about 18 months ago, fed me the story line I regurgitated below. He had given me very accurate info on SW Episode 1, and for a time I felt this was reason enough to hang my fedora on this story line for Indy IV. I'd not feel quite so confident anymore, but you never know I guess.

More details? Well, Marcus is dead, being replaced by, of all people, the brother of Abner Ravenwood. This does in fact bring Marion into the story line as well, as well as a 12 year old son conceived around the time the Ark was put into storage – smells a bit of “Son’s of Darkness” I know, so another grain of salt. As far as relating all the South and Central American pyramids together? I believe the comment was "the technology that enabled the ancients to build the pyramids" was what was said, so I guess it could be so. Also, I neglected to mention the technology was supposed to be extraterrestrial in origin, thus the comments of "look to the stars" coming out of Lucasfilms seemed to support the whole thing at the time.

Again, this may have some basis in fact, or it could be an old college buddy bluffing the way he did in our regular Sunday night poker games? Maybe a bit of both? Guess we'll just have to wait until something is actually made, but his comment about the "hideous little golden idol" making a cameo made me smile a bit.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: