Understood

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on June 21, 2001 at 17:20:03:

In Reply to: A sarcastic stab, nothing more... posted by the ART kritik on June 21, 2001 at 16:29:02:

I apologize if I have misread your post, as apparently I did. It did indeed read differently to me, but then I've already put in 45 hours this week here at work and have two days left, so I'm lucky I could focus on the screen anyway. I'll step away quietly now. Regards. Michaelson

: Michaelson,

: I have always appreciated your posts and you have always been one of the people here quick to help others when they have questions, so thank you for that. On the other hand, can you not detect the sarcasm in my last line where I supposedly fell off the wagon. It was aimed at Adam, merely in jest, but I find it rather odd that you would side with him after he so clearly referred to me in a post as "bitching" about things. If anyone fell off a wagon, it was he when he turned this professional and polite exchange of ideas into an insult against me. I'm not one to hold a grudge though, and he apologized, so no harm done. A simple sarcastic statement should hardly be considered on par though to calling a well-thought out argument bitching.

: And sorry, but I don't feel freedom of speech, especially when done tactifully and with all attempts to do so without insult, should be restricted merely because Indyfan's competition involves no fees. That is a little fascist, don't you think?

: From your statements, it sounded a little to me like what I was doing was bitching as well according to your standpoint, otherwise you wouldn't have used that term again. I hope I am just being presumptuous, like I have been accused of so frequently.

: I, of course, do not feel that Adam runs this like a Nazi regime. What I don't like though is when people are so quick to attack any criticism or opinions and label them as bitching. Is it so wrong to start a dialogue? Is it really bitching when I am careful with what I say so that I try my best not to offend anyone? If it was bitching, I honestly wouldn't care who was offended, but I do care.

: Adam has been VERY involved and concerned with the fair handling of every contest he and Micah have done to date. He did not deserve that last shot at all. Michaelson

: That's your opinion, Michaelson. I think he did deserve it after the bitching comment, but I meant it more as a joke than any kind of serious insult.

: If this changes your opinion of me or your respect for my opinion, that it ultimately your decision. I am not going to try to sway you from whatever you decide. I would hope that there would be no hard feelings though, because I do enjoy your posts.

: ART kritik

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]