Well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from indyfan.com on June 22, 2001 at 15:45:44:

In Reply to: Cinescape site question for Micah... posted by AM on June 22, 2001 at 13:36:05:

: There is a great site specializing in movie news and rumors, www.cinescape.com. You may have seen it. They have just completely revamped the site and added a page called Fan Speak that provides "Large Graphic" links to fan sites including Batman, X-men, and 007. I was wondering if Indyfan.com could be added to their line up.

: For any of you that have seen the old and new versions, I'm curious what your thoughts are. Personally, I prefer the old site, but the new version is still good.

I think that site, Assignmentx, is the same as the old Fandom.com. I briefly considered joining up with them, but it required moving under their domain (e.g. www.fandom.com/indy). I've already got IMHO a pretty sweet URL, so I wasn't ready to be assimilated. I assume it's the same story with assignmentx. At least, all the links on that fanspeak page follow that format.

Besides, I've been independent for too long, with my own ideas about how to run things. I think I would chafe at any "management" types in this arena. At work, I don't mind the occasional reigns being applied, but this is my hobby...

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]