Re: I just spoke with Lee Keppler...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Cox from proteus.bluep.com on June 22, 2001 at 18:14:08:

In Reply to: I just spoke with Lee Keppler... posted by Patterson on June 22, 2001 at 17:25:29:

: His feedback was consistant with what I've been hearing around elsewhere. The Eastmans run small - same as Westeds. In fact, it seems sizing and customer service may be recurring themes with eastman. My understanding is that the historical A2 at Flight Suits is every bit the jacket of the Eastman A2 with respect to materials, construction and accuracy of the pattern. Eastman does add the ability to get a Roughwear pattern, as well as specific other contracts - and a more rare collar stand configuration that made an appearance early on. I may just opt for the FS historical A2, though it is a bit more expensive right now. I have a sample of chrome tanned russet horsehide from Dave Marshall - it is really nice stuff, and not nearly as stiff as the veg horsehide.

: We'll see - cheers!

: Patterson

Hello all
The Real McCoys make fantastic repro USAAF flying jackets,they are a New Zealand based company so with the weak NZ dollar now is a cheap time to buy.
Sam
(i own an Eastman A-2 a Real McCoys A-2 and have owned a Flightsuits A-2 and the Real McCoys looks just like my wartime original)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]