No conspiracy, just absent-minded?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Inby from ppp48.nwnetwork.net on June 24, 2001 at 20:29:08:

In Reply to: The Marcus Brody conspiracy posted by Indiana Jun on June 24, 2001 at 18:09:32:

Maybe not "in on it", because of the "oh, yes". One could also interpret that "oh, yes" to mean that Marcus had COMPLETELY forgotten to extract a promise that the museum gets the ark from the gubmint.
I.e., Marcus had assumed all through negotiations that the museum would get the ark, and never really doubted it or suspected duplicity on the part of the gubmint agents. Whereas Indy, being naturally more suspicious, had wanted to reassure himself that Marcus was on top of the negotiations, and so had asked in effect "so, Marcus, you made them promise that we get the ark, right, and we have a signed contract, right?" Whereupon Marcus, who had completely forgotten to get a promise in writing from Uncle Sam, said (to himself) "DAMNIT! I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING! I CAN'T LET INDY KNOW I FORGOT THIS!", but said to Indy, in effect, "oh, yeah, um, sure, yeah, duh, of course!", all the while thinking "crap, I hope this works out ok...."
The above interp might counter the argument for Marcu being involved with the shadow government, while strengthening the reasons for his portrayed advanced senility/absent-minded goofiness in Last Crusade.
Just my pre-field 2 pesetas. Now must return to packing.
Where's my whip...

: Hello IndyFans!

: Seems like some of you believe that Marcus was in on knowing on what the goverment was going to do with the Ark. Is there anything that shows that he could of been on in? Even though the thought runs inside my head, I would hate to think that dear old Marcus was in on it. Hopefully, its just opinions because of the way he said "Oh yes". Have a good one everybody.

: Best Regards,
: Indiana Jun

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: